IT Support Analyst
We are looking for an IT Support Technician with good all-round experience of Microsoft Windows Workstation, Servers, Networking, 365 / Azure to join us at Symatrix.
Symatrix provides implementation services, applications support, Outsourced Payroll and transactional HR services, to a broad range of external clients, covering the entire suite of Oracle HRMS and Fusion products.
Based in our Manchester office, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing IT Support for our 30+ onsite and 30 remote consultants. Joining a small team, supported by the IT Manager and CIO, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to widen their experience and learn new skills.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
- To act as the main point of contact for day to day, IT issues Log and "own" all IT related incidents and maintain an effective Incident Management process
- Prioritise incident resolution and service requests to ensure time is spent effectively
- Build and configure workstations/laptops for new users
- Troubleshoot IT-related issues to their conclusion
Support: Proactive and Preventative
- Ensure software/hardware is up-to-date with the latest releases/patches
- Check security logs/alerts and ensure compliance/minimise risk
- Administration of the hybrid infrastructure, end-users and software systems
- Ensure BCP/DR is tested in accordance with company policy and client contractual commitments
- In collaboration with the IT manager build and maintain and IT service improvement plan
- Effectively maintain relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain close engagement with managers to understand their current and future needs
- In collaboration with the IT manager and CIO ensure that the necessary and fit for purpose IT assets to service the needs of the business are available and serviceable
- Maintain the IT assets register for all hardware and software
- Maintain required documentation for compliance and internal policies
- Constantly look at ways to develop personal and IT skills
- Strong MS Windows 10 experience and MS Office applications
- LAN/WAN/WLAN/VPN Configuring, Troubleshooting and Support
- Good Network Communications experience
- Administration & Management of Microsoft Server
- Administration & Management of Office 365 Core Applications; SharePoint, Exchange, OneDrive, Teams
- Active Directory Management. Policy setting
- Configuring and support Virtual servers (Hyper V)
- Building Desktop and Laptops (Preferably Lenovo)
- Configuring and supporting Anti-virus solutions
- Configuring Java in windows
- Experience with scripting and building MSI packages
- Experience with PowerShell
- MCSA Microsoft accreditation (ideally MCSE)
- Knowledge of FortiGate Firewalls
- Administration & Management of Microsoft SQL
- Experience of Information security
- Set and configuring iPhones
We are an Oracle HCM and ERP Cloud platinum partner with some of the best Oracle Cloud talent delivering enterprise Cloud projects for our clients.
This is an exciting time for Symatrix, with our continued growth we are recruiting across all areas of the business.
We like to reward our loyal and hardworking colleagues, preferring to promote from within and offer you the opportunity to take another step up the ladder.
We are also proud of the culture we have built here at Symatrix and it is important to us you feel part of the team. To do this we have many events and socials that we organise throughout the year and ensure we communicate throughout the business so EVERYONE feels a part of the Symatrix family!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU IN RETURN?
As well as your annual salary we also offer the following; Bonus, Group Life Cover, Pension Contribution 5%, Healthcare, Cycle to Work Scheme, 25 days holidays, 5 days holiday buy back a year and your birthday off after 2 years’ service.
So, if this sounds like the opportunity for you, please get in touch and see what 2021 has to bring!
If you feel this role is of interest and a rewarding, thriving and supportive environment is what you are looking for in your next career move then please get in touch with your details and CV:
Recruitment Acquisition Manager
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.