Operational Payroll Support Consultant
3 days per week UK Wide
Due to Symatrix’ acknowledge expertise for Oracle’s Cloud HCM application and specifically our expertise in the area of payroll, both operationally and functionally we have an opportunity to support our customers with their adoption and use of Oracle Cloud HCM – Payroll. These customers have completed the implementation phase of their projects and are now starting to use the Payroll module in anger and need help, support and advice on how they get best value and operational efficiency from this tool.
Main duties and responsibilities
- A consultancy role in our customers Payroll Departments building a trusted relationships as an expert they can rely on.
- Working with the existing payroll team to help them complete the payroll activities to support the payment of their employees on time
- Liaising with major stakeholders, delivery teams, support teams, 3rd parties to highlight errors in the way the system has been designed and built.
- Working with Symatrix Oracle Cloud Functional Payroll experts to translate the operational requirements into application configurations. If your skills allow this then we would expect you to complete this operational review and align to the capabilities of the application
- Conducting discovery sessions with clients to determine process pain points and diagnose how Cloud Payroll can provide value and ROI.
- Documenting requirements, business processes, application configurations, data migrations, testing plans and other artefacts to ensure shared understanding and facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Supporting the client through any final testing and parallel phase and Business as Usual operations.
- Strong Client Facing / Consultancy experience.
- Proven experience of operational payroll delivery and / or support
- Excellent knowledge of UK payroll legislative requirements including; PAYE and NI, Pensions Automatic Enrolment, Salary Sacrifice, statutory absence payments and RTI.
- Knowledge of the following functional areas; Core HR, Absence Management.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Well organised and structured in approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Willingness to travel and be away from home.
- Proven experience of delivering and / or supporting Oracle based HCM solutions to clients
- Excellent knowledge of designing and configuring of the Oracle Payroll solutions including; payroll elements, fast formula, pension schemes, absence schemes
- Knowledge of HCM Cloud Payroll advantages
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
As well as your annual salary we also offer the following; Bonus, Group Life Cover, Pension Contribution 5%, Healthcare, Cycle to Work Scheme, 25 days holidays, 5 days holiday buy back a year and your birthday off after 2 years’ service.
Right fit for you, please send your application to Chantel Heesen firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.