Oracle Applications DBA
UK Wide – Initially based in London
We are looking for an experienced Oracle ERP and HCM Applications DBA who will maintain both the Oracle E-Business suite and the Oracle database software for our clients. You will be responsible for the design, configuration, security, maintenance and the adherence of best practices across the installed environments.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle Applications (R12 and 12.2) and Oracle Database (Versions 11i through to 19c)
- Maintain Application security through best practice and security patches
- Manage various Applications log files and write scripts to automate the process
- Manage, monitor, configuration of Oracle workflow in conjunction with Functional experts
- Configuration and maintenance of Java mailers
- Configuration of a live/standby environments using Oracle Data Guard and scripts to switch both database and application between nodes
- Maintenance and configuration of Oracle applications auditing
- Backup and recovery using RMAN, hot and cold backups and application server backups
- Patch analysis for Oracle E-Business suite. Including annual legislation patches, security patches (Both application, application tech stack and database tech stack)
- Design and implement environment cloning strategies, scripts and schedules
- Assist with design of architecture for hardware upgrades
- Integration of E-Business suite with other environments such as OBIEE and other bespoke systems
- Good knowledge of Oracle Applications concurrent managers and configuration thereof
- Must be well versed with Oracle AD utilities (Adconfig, adadmin, adclone etc.)
- Good knowledge of Oracle SQL and PLSQL
- Creation of Database users and maintaining password rights and be aware of the important differences in the Oracle E-business environment.
- Oracle log management
- Oracle Datapump
- Performance tuning
- SQL loader
- Configuration of srvctl
- Backup and recovery using RMAN, hot and cold backups
- Good Knowledge of Oracle core Architecture and concepts
- Good knowledge of clear, commented and maintainable UNIX shell scripting
- LINUX operating system administration awareness
- Management of firewalls
- Management of Oracle IaaS hosted applications.
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
As well as your annual salary we also offer the following; Bonus, Group Life Cover, Pension Contribution 5%, Healthcare, Cycle to Work Scheme, 25 days holidays, 5 days holiday buy back a year and your birthday off after 2 years’ service.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an already well established and growing company, with individual growth potential and development. If you are interested in hearing more, please contact Carlton James, Talent Acquisition Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.