Oracle Cloud Test Automation Developer
London, Manchester or Gloucestershire
The Oracle Cloud Test Automation Developer will be responsible for supporting automated testing activity with one strategic government customer, ensuring that the quality of developed and deployed solutions meets requirements and agreed acceptance criteria.
The role will be working in the testing function aligned to the customer alongside testers with both manual and automated testing carried out.
Reporting into the Lead Oracle Cloud Tester, the role will be fulfilled by a professional with experience in automated testing having worked in demanding environments to deliver the vital outputs brought by testing for the benefit of product quality and user adoption.
Main duties and responsibilities
In addition to the above overall responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Lead Oracle Cloud Tester in creating and executing an automated test strategy aligned to business needs
- Developing test scripts for automation through the Selenium toolset
- Delivering testing automation where possible to under-pin the ongoing release cycles for the Oracle ERP and HCM Cloud modules
- Overseeing the execution of automated testing, ensuring the highest standards of quality throughout the lifecycle of deployments into production are achieved
- Inputting to automation testing best practices based on your experiences and market trends
- Reviewing existing customer manual test scenarios/scripts on an ongoing basis and identifying those ones which can be improved or automated
- Champion, lead, develop and enforce the discipline of best practice for quality and testing.
- Through your work, support and deploy the appropriate testing infrastructure e.g. suitable test environments
- Through test reports and issue logging plus also further discussions with support teams, help identify testing defects such that they are clearly understood and resolved through re-test via incident management, Problem Management and Change as appropriate
- As appropriate support the activity of root cause analysis of customer issues raised during test cycles, supporting the process through to resolution
- Managing expectations with the customer, other 3rd party resolvers and internal teams through the testing lifecycle
- As a technically experienced member of the team in your area, support the other members of the test team, especially the more junior members, providing support and guidance in their technical development
- Responsible for delivering and executing specific test plans as required in conjunction with the customer and other 3rd parties, covering unit testing, system integration testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and regression testing
- Ensure quality of all automated testing activities during every stage of the test process, feeding back through service improvement activity where improvements can be made
- Establish strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers as well as other 3rd party resolvers
- Supporting the customer through testing activities
- Stay up to date with the relevant Selenium technology roadmaps, new functionality, and releases
- Attend both internal and external meetings and follow up on agreed actions in a timely manner.
- Security Clearance IS required for this role (you are not required to have this now, but you should ensure that you are happy to go through security clearance, including but not limited to being UK citizen with a minimum of 10 years residence in the UK. Please familiarise yourself with eligibility criteria prior to applying)
- Please note that this role is a fully on-site position in London, Manchester or Gloucestershire and NOT a Hybrid/Home-Working role
- Experienced in the use and deployment of Selenium or other automated testing solutions
- Knowledge of the Oracle Cloud toolset
- Experienced in testing in large customer environments
- Has a positive/can do approach
- Passionate about the customer experience
- Takes ownership and accountability of the work they do
- Ability to work across multiple deliverables
- Well-organised and structured in approach
- Demonstrates tenacity to overcome challenges and see an issue or piece of work through to the end
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer/relationship management skills
- Experience of ITIL fundamentals: Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Project Management experience
- Process improvement experience
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
Competitive Salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, birthday as additional holiday after two years’ service, eye tests, private health care, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
If you believe you may be a good fit for this position or are searching for a new opportunity in this field, then please send your application or enquiries to our Talent Acquisition Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.