Senior Service Delivery Manager
The Senior Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the delivery and maturity of the Service Management function within Symatrix across the vast majority of Managed Services customers.
They will set the standards in Service Management across all Managed Services delivery teams with support from the Service Management and Delivery team, with the aim of delivering high-quality services and change to the customer base ensuring robust service support and service delivery processes are in place.
Reporting into the Managed Services Director, this individual will be the face of Symatrix for some of our most high-profile customers as well as a key member of the Managed Services leadership team. They will be required to establish and manage relationships and expectations within the support teams as well as out to customers, other 3rd party supplier teams and key stakeholders as required in the communication and delivery of service.
In addition, the delivery of co-ordinated change and small projects delivered out of the Managed Services department also comes under this individual as we look to support customer in the delivery of their own technology strategies and roadmaps.
Main duties and responsibilities
In addition to the above overall responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the performance of teams in delivering Incident, Request, Problem, Change and Escalation processes through tools and update calls, working with team leads to ensure high levels of performance, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Using MI to tell customer stories, both internally and externally, to gain understanding about both the cloud journey, user adoption and where the most value can be delivered though service activities
- Manage the Service and Delivery team consisting of a Service Delivery Manager, Service Level Manager and a PMO Lead providing both line management as well as support and guidance in their own development
- As a key stakeholder of the escalation process the Senior Service Delivery Manager will work with the technical and functional managers and run - where required - major incidents ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- Through the PMO lead, oversee the delivery of change, supporting with process improvement to drive efficiencies in delivery, ensuring work is billed appropriately as well as delivered to a high and consistent standard
- In conjunction with the Support Team Leads, drive the standards for overall BAU support service delivery; ensuring documentation, systems, methodologies and procedures are in place, maintained and followed
- Oversee the Service Transition process, providing direction and key input into service and support elements in projects where required, developing a strong understanding of the deliveries including which areas will be impacted ensuring this impact is minimised and agreed through transition activities
- Be responsible for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand is considered when discussing future change work
- Lead customer service reviews as needed including service pack creation for your key customers and support other Service Delivery leads through templates and coaching ensuring review standards are high and consistent
- On a bi-annual basis with the Managed Services Director, drive the customer experience process, obtaining NPS scores from key stakeholders
- Lead on agreed key third party supplier service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Oversee and where appropriate, lead service improvement meetings and activities within customers environment and the Symatrix service teams’ delivery
- Support the relationship with Oracle COE, attending monthly meetings to discuss areas of opportunity and support for both parties
- Responsible for the escalation to Oracle on major SRs
- Attend both internal and external meetings and follow up on agreed actions in a timely manner.
- Please note that this role is based in Manchester however travel to site in Manchester will only be expected once a month. In addition to this visits to key customer sites for quarterly reviews, estimated at once a month in total also. Travel and expenses will be covered for travel to customer sites
- Senior Service Management experience in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Experience of ITIL fundamentals: Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Experience managing individuals or a team
- Process improvement experience
- Passionate about Service Management and Improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working if required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Experience managing service in an environment containing Oracle HCM or ERP cloud services
- Experience delivering service with involvement from technical teams
- ITIL qualified
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
Competitive Salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, birthday as additional holiday after two years’ service, eye tests, private health care, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
If you believe you may be a good fit for this position or are searching for a new opportunity in this field, then please send your application or enquiries to our Talent Acquisition Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.