Service Delivery Manager
London, Manchester or Gloucestershire
The Service Delivery Manager is charged with leading and ensuring the efficient delivery of service from the Oracle Cloud technical and application support teams to one strategic government customer.
They will set the standards in service management with support from the Service Delivery Co-ordinator enabling the delivery of a high-quality service to the customer ensuring service support and service delivery processes are in place.
This position is a stakeholder-facing key member of the account leadership team and requires that you establish and manage relationships and expectations within the support teams and out to customer, other 3rd party supplier teams and key stakeholders in the communication and delivery of service.
Whilst this role is aligned to one strategic customer there will be key elements of delivery which are aligned to the Managed Services ways of working where support and guidance will be available from the wider Symatrix department and management team.
Main duties and responsibilities
In addition to the above overall responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing delivery outcomes to the customer from the support teams including application support (Oracle Cloud HCM, Payroll and ERP) as well as a service co-ordinator
- Ensuring there are in place processes and ideally automated checks to monitor queue levels and incident management practices within the teams
- Monitoring the performance of teams in delivering Incident, Request, Problem, Change and Escalation processes through tools and update calls, working with team leads to ensure high levels of performance, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Using MI to tell customer stories, both internally and externally, to gain understanding about both the cloud journey, user adoption and where the most value can be sought from service activities
- Manage the team of application support leads and service delivery co-ordinator providing both line management as well as support and guidance in their own development
- As a key stakeholder of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will work with the technical and functional managers and run - where needed - major incidents ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review. Support will be available from the Service Delivery Co-ordinator
- Be responsible for overall BAU support service delivery; ensuring documentation, systems, methodologies and procedures are in place, maintained and followed
- Provide direction and key input into service and support elements in projects and developing a strong understanding of the deliveries as well as which service areas they will impact ensuring this impact is minimised and agreed
- Be responsible for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand is considered when discussing future change work
- Lead customer service reviews as needed
- On a bi-annual basis, complete a customer experience interview, obtaining NPS score
- Lead any key third party supplier service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Lead service improvement meetings and activities within the customers environment and the Symatrix service teams’ delivery
- Driving the relationship with Oracle COE, holding regular meetings to discuss areas of opportunity and support for both parties
- Responsible for escalation to Oracle on major SRs
- Attend both internal and external meetings and follow up on agreed actions in a timely manner.
- Security Clearance IS required for this role (you are not required to have this now, but you should ensure that you are happy to go through security clearance, including but not limited to being UK citizen with a minimum of 10 years residence in the UK. Please familiarise yourself with eligibility criteria prior to applying)
- Please note that this role is a fully on-site position in London, Manchester or Gloucestershire and NOT a Hybrid/Home-Working role
- Senior Service Management experience in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Experience of ITIL fundamentals: Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Process improvement experience
- Passionate about Service Management and Improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working if required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Experience managing service in an environment with Oracle HCM or ERP cloud services
- Experience delivering service with heavy involvement from technical teams
- ITIL qualified
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
Competitive Salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, birthday as additional holiday after two years’ service, eye tests, private health care, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
If you believe you may be a good fit for this position or are searching for a new opportunity in this field, then please send your application or enquiries to our Talent Acquisition Specialist email@example.com
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.